You can register or 'incorporate' a limited company online at Companies House if:
- it is a private company limited by shares
- you will be using standard or 'model' articles of association
- the company name doesn’t contain a word you need permission to use
It usually takes 24 hours and costs £15 (paid by debit or credit card or PayPal account).
To register a company you will need:
- the company’s name and registered address
- names and addresses of directors (and company secretary if you have one)
- details of shareholders and share capital
Other ways to register
You can use form IN01 to register different types of limited companies, eg using your own articles of association or a company limited by guarantee.