Free Support For Ambitious Exporters
I am planning to start exporting. What support is available?
Exporting can be a hugely fulfilling business strategy, and there is plenty of help available for ambitious internationally minded Berkshire businesses.
If you fulfill the high growth criteria detailed here, the Growth Hub can help you to assess, prepare for and take advantage of opportunities. We can also aid you in attending international trade fairs, communicating your offer overseas or mentor you in logistics and finances as part of the High Growth service.
I have already started exporting. Can you still help?
Yes. Whether you are an experienced exporter looking to break into new markets or a first time exporter, the Growth Hub will help you. Check our services page here for details of our two types of support. If you are eligible for our High Growth support, register using the form and we’ll be in touch.
Can I receive any other support in addition to the Growth Hub?
Yes. The Government is committed to aiding exporters and provides significant assistance through UK Trade & Investment (the UKTI). The following links may be of use to you.
- Department for International Trade (was UKTI) for full range of services available.
- Exporting is GREAT - the website of the UK’s exporting campaign.
- China-Britain Business Council - an innovative diagnostic tool for British businesses to assess their export readiness for China
- Benefits of exporting - advice on basic considerations of selling overseas.
- Importing & Exporting - for a basic overview of importing and exporting, including exchange rates.
- Exporting food - guidance from the Food Standards Agency.
- New guides available for British businesses interested in selling goods and services to Germany, France, USA, China, India.
- The Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce Group also provides a number of export and trade services, further details of which can be found here.