Any Berkshire business can benefit from our first tier of free support. This service includes the advice on this website, our events and our half-day workshops. The best way to stay informed about this support is to sign up for our newsletter here.
Our separate High Growth service is available to a small number of businesses that meet certain eligibility criteria. This service is free and includes tailored business support .
To qualify for our High Growth business support you need to be:
- Entrepreneur/start-up or SME status:
• Entrepreneurs and start-ups will need to demonstrate that they are either:
o Not registered with Companies House or with HMRC as sole-trader
o A Sole-trader registered with HMRC and operating for less than 12 months (based on date of first sales invoice)
o A Company registered with Companies House and trading, as the registered company, for less than 12 months (based on date of first sales invoice)
• Existing businesses must demonstrate that they are an SME and:
o Employ fewer than 250 staff and;
o Either have a turnover of no more than €50m or a current balance sheet of €43m
o Not be more than 25% owned by a firm who do not comply with the preceding criteria.
- ERDF eligible sector (Ineligible sectors as follows: Banking & Insurance, Retail, Child minding or nurseries, Fishery and aquaculture sectors, Primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products/ raw food, the coal, steel and shipbuilding sectors, the synthetic fibres sector, or Education or an area supported by a local authority).
- A high growth business with the potential to grow significantly over the next two to three years
- An innovation led business with intellectual capital to underpin the business
- Have ambitious plans to address an identified market need
- Have the potential for a scalable business model
- Have the potential to create new jobs
You can be in any stage of business including pre-revenue and support is not industry specific.
If your business fulfils the above criteria, please register now by clicking here.