The Berkshire Business Accelerator has been developed by the Thames Valley Berkshire Business Growth Hub to support ambitious early stage and scale up high growth businesses. This three day programme is based on the core elements of The Henley Accelerator to prepare leaders of start up and early stage companies to quickly grow their businesses in an ever changing and competitive environment.
Delivered by Oxford Innovation at Henley Business School, the programme is structured to offer a rewarding, challenging and stretching experience, combining essential conceptual skills from an MBA with a practical understanding of how to overcome barriers to growth.
These proven programmes have been delivered since 2009, helping the next generation of ambitious businesses to accelerate proﬁtable growth.
Who is the programme for?
The Berkshire Business Accelerator is for the leaders of start-up or early stage businesses. To qualify for a place you need to be:
- Signed up with the Growth Hub with an operational base in one of the six unitary authorities of Bracknell Forest, Reading, Slough, West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead and Wokingham.
- A high growth business with the potential to grow signiﬁcantly over the next two to three years
- Have ambitious plans to address an identiﬁed market need
- Have the potential to scale-up and create new jobs
You can be at any stage of your business life cycle including pre-revenue. Support is not industry speciﬁc.
What will the programme deliver?
The programme delivers relevant learning for leaders of growing small businesses. By the end of the programme, individuals will have a better understanding of their business environment and have greater clarity around their own aims and objectives. Throughout the programme participants work in groups to explore their strategy and will emerge with a clear focused business strategy for sustained growth.
Berkshire Business Accelerator covers these core elements:
- Business strategy – direction, market insight, proposition, differentiation
- Growth strategies – competitive advantage, intellectual property, barriers to entry
- Marketing & accelerated sales – product/market matrix, customer value analysis, sales pipeline, sales cycle, key accounts
- Scale & complexity – operational design, balanced scorecards, quality, complexity reduction
- People & leadership - team dynamics, leadership styles, team management, strategic leadership, directors’ responsibilities
- Finance & governance – driving proﬁt, margin analysis, budgets, valuation, fund raising, exit strategy
For eligible companies, the Growth Hub is able to offer the Berkshire Business Accelerator at a cost of £500 + VAT per delegate. A small bursary may be available for eligible pre-revenue start up companies.
The Berkshire Business Accelerator runs over three days. Meals, refreshments and one nights’ accommodation is included in the programme fee.
Please contact the Growth Hub for more details. To apply for your place please phone 01344 388 005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what previous delegates have said about the programme:
“Quite specifically, it’s helped us align our marketing budgets with our key growth areas” says David McLeman, Managing Director, Ancoris, award winning Google Enterprise Partner. “The Accelerator gave us a great opportunity to refine and articulate future business strategy.”
“Simply Excellent.“ Adrian Smith, Mortimer Chocolate
“Fantastic three days!” Simon Corbett. Jargon PR
“Great delivery from very knowledgeable people. It was good to question how things are done.” Tom Johnson.
“The speakers were excellent as was the programme content.” Laurel Davis-Lyons